12 June 2015
Key Enabling Technologies - Final Report June 2015
The High Level Group on Key Enabling Technologies is to publish recommendations to the European Union, Member States and Industry on key enabling technologies or KETs*.
Since 2013, EUnited participates in the regular meetings of industry, research and other stakeholders to promote key enabling technologies and help support manufacturing competitiveness in Europe. Markus Asch as President of EUnited is a member of the High Level Group on Key Enabling Technologies and Lionel Platteuw Executive Director is Sherpa member.
Final report recommendations include:
- Better policy coordination at EU and national level on major strategic objectives in manufacturing and in specific initiatives e.g. Industry 4.0
- Focusing including new instruments for strategic European projects e.g. Important Projects of Common European Interests’ IPCEI.
- Greater investment in innovation and complementarity at European, national and regional level e.g. using Structural Funds, ‘SMART specialisation’ etc.
- Adapting European competition, state aids and trade policies vis a vis global competitors and seeking a more equitable ‘level playing field’ for European industry
- Advanced Materials
- Micro- and Nanoelectronics
- Advanced Manufacturing Systems.