Working Plan, European Commission, 2017
The Working Plan of the European Commission for 2017 was published, themed Motto „A Europe that protects, empowers and defends”. It defines 10 priorities for the coming year:
- A new boost for Jobs Growth and Investment
- A Connected Digital Single Market
- A Resilient Energy Union with a Forward-Looking Climate Change Policy
- A Deeper and Fairer Internal Market with a strengthened Industrial Base
- A Deeper and Fairer Economic and Monetary Union
- Trade: A reasonable and Balanced Free Trade agreement with the U.S.
- An Area of Justice and Fundamental Rights Based on Mutual Trust
- Towards a New Policy on Migration
- A Stronger Global Actor
- A Union of Democratic Change
As a new initiative, the Working Plan contains several measures in relation to water: a proposal for a directive on the minimum quality requirements for the reuse of water in the second quarter of 2017; and a revision of the Drinking Water Directive by the fourth quarter of 2017.